Tuesday, March 25, 2014

METRO's System Maps and how I don't use them

http://www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMaps/SysMaps.aspx

The above takes one to METRO's website where one may find the complete set of maps showing our entire local, Park & Ride, and METROrail system.  For the most part, the maps are not confusing, but I find them so visually busy and not-to-map-scale (a necessary evil) that I have mapped on Google Maps Engine Pro all our local bus routes plus our present rail system (including the coming East and Southeast Lines) and all Park & Ride corridors.

I am going to a rehearsal tonight near Heights Blvd. and was able to find the nearest bus on my map far-faster than I would have found via METRO's system maps.

Hopefully with System Re-imagining, METRO can get new System maps that are easier on the eyes.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment